Thursday, February 11, 2016

In the Lists

For the past couple of weeks, I've been working the to-do list.  Seriously working it.

And little by little, it's getting whittled down.  Of course, the two main items--the articles I need to revise and resubmit--are still on there. 

But although it does feel like they've been on there pretty much forever at this point, I'm finally feeling like I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Dare I say it?  They might both be done by the end of the month.  And February is a short month, so this gives me hope.

Honestly, I feel like the revision projects have blocked me for months and months now.  I hesitate to start reading anything new and I definitely refuse to start writing anything new, because I know I need to just polish and finish what is already about 80% completed on those other two projects.

It's been a new--and frustrating--feeling for me, I must say.  Usually, I can just blast through and move on.  This time around, though, I've had to linger (against my will, obviously).  

This week, for example, I had to once again take a bit of a break and focus on some health issues.  It just meant I had to take it easy and be patient and know that eventually, the energy level would kick back in. 

And it did. 

Slow and steady wins the race.  And finishes the list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ralph Waldo Emerson once wrote, "Life is short, but there is always time for courtesy."