Friday, September 11, 2015

Recalibrated

After being ill for so much of July, I really thought that August would be my month to get back on track.  But over Labor Day weekend, I decided I needed to face facts: I was officially discombobulated.

Although my health was doing much (much!) better, I was still having trouble focusing and moving forward on the things I needed to get done.  I tried to ignore it and think that it was just the end-of-summer pile-up, and in some ways, it was, but in other ways, it wasn't.

So I decided that I needed to get "recombobulated."  No, that's probably not a word.  But the good news is, it doesn't have to be.

Because regardless of what the name was for what I decided, it worked.  I'm back on track.  I'm working my way, slowly and steadily, through the pile of stuff I wanted or needed to get done, and life is feeling pretty good. 

So I guess that means I finally managed to recalibrate my brain and my life and my body so that things are in sync.  (It's about time.)

Today, I got a nice swim in and then did a marathon session of running errands.  We're talking 5 hours here, people.  That got me caught up, so that next week, I can focus on the home maintenance issues that need to be faced before the fall sets in.

Lest you think the errands were totally unenjoyable, I'll post this pic:


Because yes, I went apple-picking.  I'm thinking that this weekend, there just might be time to make a batch of apple-carrot muffins: fresh apples, and fresh carrots from the garden, so... it sounds like it was meant to be.

In the meantime, I'm basking in the feeling of being back on track.  I got a bit of writing done this week, and I've been able to focus on reading and I'm nearly caught up with that. 

The good news is, this means I'll FINALLY have a few new ideas and things to post about, instead of just occasional updates about my so-called "life."  (Like the fact that I finally finished a sock this morning--those kind of updates.) 

It's a good feeling: reaching a Friday and feeling like you've reclaimed yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ralph Waldo Emerson once wrote, "Life is short, but there is always time for courtesy."