Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Roll

Well, we are already well into April, and I have already fallen well behind on my blogging.

And given that I had this post entirely written and foolishly closed the app thinking it had been auto-saved only to reopen it 2 minutes later and realize it hadn't been saved at all, I think that may be saying something about how well the blogging is going to go for me right now.

The good news is (knock wood): all three of my kitty cats (knock wood) are happy and healthy (knock wood).  So we weathered that little storm.

The other good--or goodish--news is that I'm on a bit of a roll with my writing, even though you'd never know it to look at my blog.

I've been determined to finally finish up a couple of articles that I've either received "revise and resubmit" recommendations on, or that I've written to the point of nearly being finished and then just... never finished.

So that's what I've been doing, and I've been on a bit of a roll with that for the past week or so, and that's why I haven't been blogging.

Because if I've learned anything after all the years of writing, it's this: respect the roll.

I've also learned that, if you spend 5-6 hours on any given morning writing, you won't feel like opening a webpage and... writing.  Hence the hiatus here.

And I can't even use the blog as a way of thinking through my ideas because, quite frankly, I've already done that.  So, for instance, I'm currently working on the article about Zola and the Paris Morgue, that I blogged about here.

After that, I'm hoping to revise and resubmit the article about Defoe's Moll Flanders that I blogged about here.  (Aww...how funny... it was actually my very first blog post!)

Then, it's time for the one about the role of rumor in Dostoevsky (see here).  And when all those are finished, it's time to write up Hersey and Hiroshima (here).

If all that gets finished, then there are articles about Capote and Atwood to write (here and here).

And of course, in the midst of all of this, I'm researching an essay about Eliot's Middlemarch and the poetry of John Donne.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ralph Waldo Emerson once wrote, "Life is short, but there is always time for courtesy."