Saturday, March 28, 2015

Not Without A Peep

Well, as I'm sure you can guess, break is over and I'm busy with classes.  Fall registration is also upon us, so there's advising as well.

And spring is often a time for meetings and extra lectures and all kinds of academic odds and ends.  Hence the blog-silence for the past week.

And, perhaps not surprisingly, the only kitty in my house who hadn't been to vet in the past two weeks had to go to the vet this morning.

For the record, we've had vet-visits for conjunctivitis (Juno), an upper-respiratory infection (Smokey) and, last but not least, a bladder infection (Freya).

All of these things are very common in cats, and luckily, none of them are major problems, if caught early and treated--which is what we've spent the past two weeks doing.

So, although I greatly enjoyed the full 48 hours in which I was not required to administer some kind of medication to a cat, I'm on deck again for another week.

But it's okay: I went shopping, and I'm ready.  


Let me explain: Freya has been given a bolus of fluid under the skin, pain meds, and a drug designed to "open her urethra."  

So I'm thinking we probably can't have too much cat litter in the house right now.  

The Peeps?  Oh, those are mine.  I'd like to say that you're looking at a two-week supply right there, designed to hold me through Easter and beyond, but I'm not going to say that.

Because I've already had two packages of them earlier this week, and that was on the days when I wasn't administering pet meds.

And no, I don't expect any small children to visit over the next week or two... why do you ask?

While I was writing this, the doorbell rang.  It was the mailman.  My yarn has arrived.  

Because yes, I also ordered more yarn.  Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ralph Waldo Emerson once wrote, "Life is short, but there is always time for courtesy."