Tuesday, March 17, 2015

There Should Be A Parade...

A friend pointed out to me that today--March 17th-- is in fact St. Gertrude's Day. 

Right now, you're no doubt glancing at the computer screen over the rim of your mug of green beer and thinking,  "Wait, no, that can't be right."

But yes, today is the feast day of St. Gertrude of Nivelles.

She's the patron saint of cats, gardeners, travelers, the recently deceased and the mentally ill. 

I don't know about you, but I think that gives her way more street cred than some guy with a shamrock who banished snakes.  (But I may be a bit biased.)

That said, I do love the color green, and I'm always up for a good Irish blessing: 


Go n-eírí an bóthar leat.
(May the road rise with you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ralph Waldo Emerson once wrote, "Life is short, but there is always time for courtesy."