Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happiness

Today is the United Nations' International Day of Happiness.

Quite frankly, every day should be Happiness Day, but we have to start somewhere, now, don't we?

This week has been crazy.  I wound up in the hospital on Monday night.  Let's just say, the latest strain of stomach bug running around out there is a nasty, nasty one.

I've never, ever gotten so very sick, so very suddenly.  I had to pull over in my car on the drive home from work and call for help before I collapsed.  I went from feeling queasy to full-blown, scary- SICK within the space of 45 minutes.

So I spent a good portion of St. Patty's Day literally green.  And not in a good way.  And I had to miss work on Tuesday and Wednesday--again.  Doctor's orders.

This is turning into the semester that couldn't quite get off the ground.

But I'm several trillion times better today, and that in and of itself would be cause to celebrate happiness, but in fact I have another, better reason.

My new rescued kitty.  Meet Juno.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ralph Waldo Emerson once wrote, "Life is short, but there is always time for courtesy."