Saturday, April 6, 2013

"The Girl Who Got Away"

I've been looking forward to this weekend for the past week, and it hasn't disappointed.

I think the best thing about weekends like this is, they restore faith in your sense of peace and productivity.  You can get things done, and not be stressed out about it all.  Everything isn't a mad scramble.

It's funny how, when you aren't running around trying to get things done, you end up getting a lot more done.  I can't speak for others out there, but I don't work productively when I'm feeling pressured and frantic.  (I actually kind of resent it when people create that feeling in me.  It makes me want to grind to a complete halt and take a moment to just flip them all off.) 

I need to set a reasonable pace, get to cruising altitude and then I can work.  Reasonably and systematically.

And when that happens, it's a self-fulfilling cycle.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ralph Waldo Emerson once wrote, "Life is short, but there is always time for courtesy."