Monday, August 22, 2011

Ready or Not...

I have one week left to get ready for classes, so I've been using my time wisely and constructively.  Here's a brief glimpse into my workday:

I discovered that I have 37 plum tomatoes.  At one point, I thought I had 36, so I had to recount them, and then count them again, just to be sure. 

My garden plants needed to be re-staked, immediately.  Yes, they have been tipping over for a week or so now, but it became apparent to me today that they should be re-staked immediately, because it was very windy today. 

I wanted to go for a bike ride yesterday, but while filling the back tire with air, it exploded.  I absolutely had to take it to the repair shop this morning, and when they told me that they'd replaced it with a slightly smaller tire which would make my bike rides easier and a bit faster, I had to test this assertion by biking to the beach and back through the park. 

They were right.  Previously, I had concluded that the only thing that could ever make my bike go faster would be a different rider, but apparently, that is not necessarily the case.

Family-size bags of SmartFood popcorn are on sale at Stop-N-Shop.  'Nuff said.

My cat has repeatedly indicated a decided preference for the Whiskas PURRRRfectly Fish entrees, but they don't sell them just anywhere, so as a good pet-owner, I was obliged to go find them.

When I got home, I celebrated by singing Melissa Manchester's "You Should Hear How She Talks About You" to my much-beloved kitty.  When he requested an encore, I obliged.

I talked to my neighbor about making bruschetta with roasted eggplant and tomatoes.

I made a berry wine jelly.  Tomorrow, I will make mustard. 

And don't forget, I have 37 plum tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ralph Waldo Emerson once wrote, "Life is short, but there is always time for courtesy."