Saturday, January 29, 2011

As Promised... The Mittens!

Forget about The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.  I am The Girl With the Fiddlehead Mittens.  (That's the name of the pattern.)  (I didn't come up with it.)



I TOLD you they were amazing.  Here's another shot, so you can get the full effect and bask in unbridled mitten-envy:

Bet YOUR mittens are from L.L. Bean or Land's End.  Sucker.  Bet they're not even mittens, bet they're gloves.  Like that's going to work out well for you.

Oh, and by the way, my Fiddleheads are LINED.  So, if you have the misfortune to get into a snowball fight with me, you're toast.

Total toast.

Unless I happen to be distracted because I'm thinking about the book I'm reading.  Or I'm mentally coming up with an opening sentence for a paragraph.  Or if I slip and fall.  Or if you knock my contacts out.  Or if I wander inside because I smell coffee or hot chocolate brewing.

Otherwise, like I said, toast.

Actually, I have pretty terrible aim.  So you'd be fine, and if your hands got cold, I'm totally the type of person to lend you my mittens and then go drink cocoa and make you a pair so it won't happen again. 

Speaking of which, off to knit...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ralph Waldo Emerson once wrote, "Life is short, but there is always time for courtesy."